Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

Writer's Notebooks

Do you have a writer's notebook?  I do!  Today I searched the shelves at Target and found this great notebook to start filling with my daily thoughts and story seeds.  I also found a fabulous case (in the cosmetic section) that is small enough to fit in my purse, but is able to hold quite a bit of my writer's notebook tools.  I am a Sharpie addict so color on my pages is a must!  I also picked up a few SMASH Book embellishments to add to my pages.  I'm excited to personalize some of my pages with a bit of scrapbook flair.




Today I learned that a writer's notebook has only one rule.....write in it everyday!  There are no other rules as to what should be written or in what format. Which really makes me happy!  I can let go of the myth that a writer's notebook has a special format or has to be written in a certain way.

My goal is to keep this notebook and write in it every day this summer.  I hope to gather ideas to encourage and teach our students how to use a writer's notebook to inspire their own writing.  How do you use writer's notebooks with your students?

0 comments:

Post a Comment