Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? 4/15/13


This meme is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey. This is where we keep track of what we are currently reading and plan to read. The kidlit version is hosted by Jen at Teach Mentor Texts.

I have two books that I've been reading this week:


The first is a non-fiction book by my high school friend and retired NASA Astronaut, John D. Olivas.  It is his first children's book and I will post a full review later this week. 


I cannot wait to start Itch by Simon Mayo.  I have a 5th grade GT student who has his name written all over this book!  Earlier this year he asked me for a book that would teach him about the periodic table of elements.  Did I mention he's a 5th grader!  Needless to say, I didn't have a non-fiction book on the elements, so I had to request one from our feeder high school.  So, when this fiction title crossed my path, I just knew he would love it and I had to get it into his hands.  I'm giving it to him tomorrow as a gift.  I'm going to read my copy along with him so we can discuss it together.  He doesn't know it yet, but I'm going to ask him to write his first book review.  I'm looking forward to posting it on my blog.


0 comments:

Post a Comment